The only hope for the world is found in the gospel. The Scriptures clearly declare the overarching themes of God’s providence, power and provision to reconcile humanity and the world to Himself through the person and work of Jesus Christ. Because of this central truth, Grace Church strives to be explicitly gospel-centered in all that we preach, teach and practice.
- All Scripture to be true, authoritative and sufficient. (Psalm 19:7-11; Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21)
- In one true God, creator of heaven and earth, who eternally exists in three distinct persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 45:5-6; Isaiah 46:9-10; John 17:3; 1 Corinthians 8:4-6; 1 Timothy 2:5;Genesis 1:26; Psalm 45:6-7; Psalm 110:1; Matthew 3:13-17; Matthew 28:17-20; 1 Corinthians 12:4-6)
- All things exist solely for God’s glory. (Psalm 148; 16:4; Isaiah 61:3;Romans 11:33-36; 1 Corinthians 10:31; 2 Corinthians 5:15; Ephesians 1:3-14)
- All mankind, except for Jesus Christ, is sinful by birth, by deed, and by action. (Genesis 6:5;Psalm 51:5; Jeremiah 17:9; Romans 3:23; 5:8,
- Man’s just penalty for his sin is physical death and spiritual death. (Genesis 2:15-17;Genesis 3:19; Romans 5:12; 15).
- Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, born of a virgin and is both fully God and fully human. (Matthew 1:20; Luke 2:52; John 1:1- 4, 14; Colossians)
- Jesus Christ death on the cross is the sacrificial substitute to pay the penalty for sin. (John 1:29; 10:1-18; Romans 5:8; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Galatians 1:4; 1 Peter 3:18)
- Jesus Christ physically rose from the dead, ascended into heaven and will one day physically return (Matthew 28:1-20; Mark 16:1-8; Luke 24:1-53; John 1:20-21:25; 1 Corinthians 15:12-34; John 14:3; Acts 1:11; 1 Thessalonians 4:16;Hebrews 9:28; 1 John 3:2; Revelation 1:7)
- There will be a future physical resurrection of the dead. Those who have repented of sin and who have placed their faith in Jesus will be raised to eternal life. Those who do not repent from sin and reject Christ will be raised to eternal punishment. (Matthew 25:31-46; John 5:28-29; Acts 24:15)
- Only through faith in the person and work of Jesus Christ and repentance from sin can one be reconciled to God and experience true life and joy. (John 3:18,14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:21-26; 1 Timothy 2:5-6)